"Nice post! and good to know you better. You like music a lot, and as a reader I'd like to see a post or a list of your best songs :) cheers"
Even though the comment was anonymous I still feel I have to reply to you; so Hello my dear reader.
First of all, thank you for giving me a minor heart attack when your comment appeared in my inbox and I thought I could never create a list of my favourite songs. Little shocks like that to the system are good for you, right? Like cold showers and scary movies.
Second, I think it's great that you have asked me to write something totally different and thankfully I have managed to collect my top 50 songs.
You see, I grew up listening to classic rock, blues, alternative/indie and hard rock (blame it on the ex-boyfriends honey!) No I'm joking - although I need to point out that my first ever "boyfriend" (when I was thirteen, hence the "") had the best music taste ever! So I guess he taught me well.
As I have already mentioned; I sleep and breathe music! For me it's not just noise to fill the silences; it's a way to show your feelings and escape!
So this is a list of my top 50 songs - without any particular order; Enjoy!
1. Back in Black - AC/DC (1980)
2. Baby I love your way - Peter Frampton (1975)
3. Icky Thump - The White Stripes (2007)
4. Sex on fire - Kings of Leon (2008)
5. Pour some sugar on me - Def Leppard (1987)
6. Crazy B*tch - Buckcherry (2006)
7. Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes (2003)
8. Roxanne - The Police (1978)
9. Vertigo - U2 (2004)
10. Hey Jude - The Beatles (1968)
11. Whole lotta love - Led Zepellin (1969 - my favourite guitar solo)
12. Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve (1997)
13. I wanna Rock n Roll all night - KISS (1975)
14. Sunshine of your love - Cream (1967)
15. Should I stay or Should I go - The Clash (1982)
16. Layla - Derek and the Dominos (1971)
17. Smells like a teen spirit - Nirvana (1991)
18. Smooth - Carlos Santana (1999)
19. Walk this way - Aerosmith (1975 - I'm in love with Steven Tyler)
20. Light my fire - The Doors (1967)
21. More than a feeling - Boston (1976)
22. A Tout Le Monde - Megadeth (1995)
23. Highway to Hell - AC/DC (1979)
24. Come together - The Beatles (1969)
25. Come as you are - Nirvana (1992)
26. Paradise City - Guns n Roses (1987)
27. Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits (1978)
28. Breakfast at Tiffany's - Deep Blue Something (1995)
29. Paris Oh La La - Grace Potter & the Nocturnals (2010)
30. I can't get no satisfaction - The Rolling Stones (1965)
31. Let it be - The Beatles (1970)
32. Two tickets to paradise - Eddie Money (1978)
33. Born to be wild - Steppenwolf (1968)
34. American woman - The Guess Who (1970 - but I love the cover versions of Lenny Kravitz and of course Jimi Hendrix.)
35. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd (1974)
36. Under Pressure - Queen feat David Bowie (1981)
37. American Pie - Don Mclean (1971)
38. Are you going to be my girl - Jet (2003)
39. You shook me all night long - AC/DC (1980)
40. Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix (1967)
41. Dream on - Aerosmith (1973)
42. Iron Man - Black Sabbath (1970)
43. Back in the Saddle - Aerosmith (1977)
44. Kashmir - Led Zeppelin (1975)
45. Livin on a Prayer - Bon Jovi (1986)
46. It's a long way to the top - AC/DC (1975)
47. Paranoid - Black Sabbath (1970)
48. God save the Queen - Sex Pistols (1977)
49. 18 and life - Skid Row (1989)
50. Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd (1974)